Terms and Conditions
Our horse riding trips can be booked at the tourist information centres in Lofoten, at hotels and travel agencies, on our web site or by contacting Hov Hestegård Riding Centre directly:
Telephone : +47 975 59501
Web : www.hovhestegard.no
Horse riding trips are payable on arrival at Hov Hestegård Riding Centre if no other arrangements have been made in advance. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Diners and American Express.
Horse riding trips are payable in full if notice of cancellation is given less than two days in advance (except for multi-day tours)
Cancellation policy for multi-day tours:
Deposit if cancelled before 30 days before the 1st day of ride, and full payment if cancelled less than 30 days before the 1st day of ride.
- Children under 8 years of age may only join our riding trips with the express approval of our staff. Children under 8 years of age may only take part on the ride entitled “Lofoten on Horseback”, and only by prior arrangement.
- Our horse riding trips are not suitable for pregnant women.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants are not at liberty to take part on our horse riding trips.
- Please note that the weight limit is 110 kg on our shortest tour “Lofoten by Horse”. On longer tours, the weight limit is from 90 kg to 100 kg depending on the experience of the rider and the tour.
- Those taking part on our horse rides must do so of their own free will and are obliged to inform the courier of any circumstances which may affect their ability to take part on the ride.
- Rucksacks or bags may not be taken on the rides. However, storage facilities are available for the safekeeping of your valuables
With your welfare in mind we have done everything in our power to ensure that these horse rides will be safe and pleasant, and we ask you to confirm the following when making your reservation:
- I am joining the horse ride of my own free will.
- I consider myself capable of taking part in the ride
- I am familiar with Hov Hestegård Riding Centre’s instructions and safety measures and agree to follow them in every respect
- I am aware that this horse ride / these horse rides may involve a certain degree of risk.
- I have informed the courier of any illnesses I have which may influence my ability to take part on the tour (e.g. epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and of the medication which I take for said diseases.
- I am aware that the operator’s liability does not extend beyond accidents which may occur due to errors or incorrect use of equipment by the company’s staff and/or negligence on their behalf. I bear personal responsibility for any damages caused by myself due to my own carelessness or failure to follow set/given/published instructions.
- I bear all responsibility for any personal belongings which I may bring along on the trip
- I am not under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicants.
We put safety first and consequently all our horse rides are subject to weather conditions. Should these prove unsuitable, we will arrange for a new trip at another point in time.